After a project is won, the program manager takes the lead and translates the customer requirements/expectations into a project plan that is used to develop and realize the products. The program manager is responsible for the planning, budget, cost control and quality during the program development. The PM is managing expectations; sells planning, delay’s, risks/risk mitigations and constraints in a convincing matter.
The program manager works in a cross-functional team and is the project leader and guards the interests of both internal and external stakeholders. The position requires traveling on an international level. The program manager reports to the Director of Program Management in Enschede.
Main tasks & responsibilities
- Managing programs after they are won until realization
- Interface between internal and external stakeholders
- Maintain process checklist and project monitoring
- Solving issues in interdepartmental discussions
- Take initiative to recommend and drive improvements and efficiency
- Assist team members with complex projects
- Train colleagues on way to work / new technology
- Contribute to team and departmental goals
- Bachelor degree in computer science/ Electronics/ Telecommunication engineering or related field
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar role, managing complex developments requiring software & hardware integration
- SW background is a preference ideally in embedded software development (related to Linux & Android) and/or software field application, to be able to follow, steer and manage the complex projects
- International WO with global stakeholders
- Experience in consumer RF product (RF4CE, BLE, BT etc.) development is a plus
- Project management skills like risk management, stakeholder management, planning, constraints
- Strong leadership skills and experience in (functional) managing a project team
- Manage expectations, Good skills in customer interfacing on project timelines
- Able to cope with stress and deadlines
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Analytical and critical thinker
- Takes ownership and does whatever it takes mindset
- Able to travel and no 9-5 mentality (stakeholders in Asia and US)
- Willing to work in a result oriented environment where we work hard as a team, but do not forget to have fun in what we do as well.
Candidates that are willing to relocate to the Enschede area or are willing to work from their home office and frequently travel to the Enschede office, are also invited to apply.
Be part of a team that has a true passion for innovation and technology. Those passions resonate worldwide throughout all of UEI’s locations with talented innovators, engineers, and designers. Team members are focused on improving the user experience while solving industry and consumer challenges. UEI offers talent the opportunity to develop oneself and grow both horizontal or vertically throughout the global organization.